I spent a couple of pleasant hours in the darkroom this afternoon making a few proof prints. These two images were juxtaposed on the film and contact sheet as shown here. When I made the proof print on the left, I realized it’s correct orientation was portrait, but on the contact sheet it was of course displayed in landscape mode and fortuitously lined up perfectly with the branch extending from the image on the right. If I had not seen that on the contact sheet (for example if there had been intervening exposures between these two) I’m not sure I would have made the connection. But now that this has happened, I’ll be looking for interesting combinations in future.